Progress update – parser, strings and containers

Dear lord I suck at making visuals... All this for documentation no one will read... Instead of using an already existing code documentation generator, like Doxygen, I have decided yet again to build my own. For now I want to make sure it parses my C code (and my dear cmake macros too), then generates…

Life without the OOP – Code conversion ongoing…

(I obviously don't have a Mac...) Rewriting my code to C is somewhat tedious (especially the math lib...), I'm nowhere near converting every C++ file I have, but of what I got so far I like the end result a lot, and I enjoy the shift I'm seeing in my reasoning ability.Not having to worry…

It’s GIF!!!

My next order of focus is something that will be extra beneficial and fun for the engine, supporting the GIF format! Yay \o/ I could very well take an existing library, but I don't like the idea of pulling another dependency.I'd rather have my own bit of code that doesn't require maintenance, checking versions, integration,…

Improvements to Image library

Kicking off 2020 with a cheerful update on the framework A nice PNG image converted to different pixel formats. Pixels, Pixels everywhere… Happy new year! After a rather unproductive Christmas break, I continued with improving my Image library. I actually rewrote it completely to make the transition easier. Eons ago, when I wanted images, I…

First GUI version of the list maker

Report of progress of the last few weeks. It's getting there. Slowly but surely It took a while to get here! A lot of GUI code improvements later, the app now allows total customization of the list. Text parameters, colors, objects sizes etc. Also it's able to save the list as a text file, and…

Progress on the tier list app

Talking about the recent improvement to the C++ framework and the tier list maker. The infinity backlog Building a functioning app (even a very modest one) allows me to make a lot of bug fixing and general improvements to the framework. The gui code has benefited a lot from that work, with new controls type…

Font paradise

Writing the same thing in 200 different ways It feels good to get something working! As I explained in the previous post, I was seriously lacking bitmap fonts in the framework. I modified Codehead's BitmapFont Generator's code, adding a new menu item to export all available fonts in a format that my framework can use.…